Following are updates on the boil water notice and the water distribution plans for Thursday, February 25.
UPDATE ON BOIL WATER NOTICE
The City of Taylor continues to be under a boil water notice, which it has been since February 15. Our next challenge is rescinding the Boil Water Notice, and there are three steps in this process:
1. First, we are required to flush the system. This is required to ensure water quality. This step has been completed, but you may still see employees flushing hydrants tonight and tomorrow as we continue to equalize the system.
2. Next we will collect water samples from 22 different locations as required by TCEQ and take them to the laboratory for testing. If all goes according to plan, we will collect those samples on Thursday, February 25 and submit them to TCEQ for testing.
3. If all 22 sites pass the test we can rescind the Boil Water Notice. If any one of them fails, we are required to flush, sample and test again. We should have our results from the first test by the end of the day on Friday, February 26. At that point we will know whether we can rescind the notice.
We will continue to keep residents informed as we move through the process.
DRINKING WATER DISTRIBUTION
On Thursday, February 25, Taylor residents will be able to pick up potable drinking water at two locations:
- The City will have pre-packaged drinking water available for Taylor residents at the Taylor Public Library, 801 Vance St #3268, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. PLEASE ENTER IN THE VANCE ENTRANCE.
- Texas Beer Company will continue to distribute bulk drinking water at the brewery on 1331 West Second Street on from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. Residents must bring their own containers and can fill up to 20 gallons per vehicle.