Things to Consider
- Ensure that your pet is kept in a secure enclosure at all times or on a leash in the immediate control of a person.
- Ensure that your pet is provided with a nutritious and well-balanced diet on a daily basis.
- Ensure your pet is registered and microchipped.
- Groom your pet regularly.
- Obey the Pooper Scooper Law and clean up after your pet.
- Prevent unwanted litters and spay/neuter your pet or obtain an intact animal permit.
- Provide suitable shelter and protection for pets kept outdoors to protect them from extreme heat or cold.
- Teach children how to properly care for and handle pets.
- Think carefully about adding a pet to your family.
- Vaccinate your pet to protect it from diseases.
- Walk your pet or provide ample space for them to get exercise.
Tip Information courtesy Dallas Animal Shelter.