City Council members and staff work in collaboration to serve our citizens and businesses by developing policies and programs that address community concerns, particularly the budget. In June, staff presented City Council with budget guidelines for fiscal year 2017-2018 (FY18). These guidelines provide the framework for developing the budget, including:
- A balanced budget with no tax rate increase
- Fund balance to meet or exceed policy goals
- Continue the pursuit of federal, state and private grants which support Council goals
- Increase efficiencies and productivity
- Employee compensation
- Continue Community Investment Program (CIP) in support of Council goals/vision items.
The FY18 budget workshops continue into August allowing citizens an opportunity to participate in the process. City Council meetings are held every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Perhaps your schedule does not allow you to attend a City Council meeting. If so, you can watch meetings live on your computer, tablet or smartphone at www.taylortx.gov.