January 30, 2023 2:15 PM
Visit https://www.ci.taylor.tx.us/1121/EMERGENCY-UPDATES-AND-RESOURCES more information.
February 2, 2023 7:01 PM
The City of Taylor Communications Department has issued the following updates for Thursday, February 2, regarding the ice storm that is affecting the City and the surrounding areas. The following information is correct as of 7:00 p.m. this evening.
• City Hall will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, February 3 with limited services (no walk-ins). Utility Billing will be available only by drive-thru during opening hours. Department Directors will be available by phone or email—check the City’s website for contact information.
• The Animal Shelter will be open with regular business hours on Friday, February 3.
• Municipal Court will remain closed on Friday, February 3.
• The Taylor Public Library is currently without power, and will remain closed on Friday, February 3 unless power is restored. Please check the City’s website for current information.
• Emergency Services will be available for all residents on Friday, February 3. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
• The special called joint Council and TIRZ meeting scheduled for this evening is canceled.
• The dedication of the Fred Kerley Mural on Saturday, February 4 is expected to proceed as scheduled.
DEBRIS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE
• Public Works along with Parks and Recreation crews are continuing to clear debris on the roadway. Residents have two options available to dispose of tree limb and brush debris. For more information, visit http://taylortx.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1692
• The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) is encouraging residents to document property damage sustained during the event. This will help local officials understand the size and scope of the damage within the community. Report ice storm damages here: https://damage.tdem.texas.gov/.
• The St. James' Episcopal Church is open for warming until 8 PM this evening and from 9 AM to 8 PM tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 3. See be sure to like and follow their page for updates.
Please visit and bookmark the City’s Emergency Resources page at http://www.taylortx.gov/1121/EMERGENCY-UPDATES-AND-RESOURCES for helpful information regarding power outages and emergency management.
This will be the final update for today, February 2. We will post additional information on the City’s website and social media channels as it becomes available for the duration of this weather event.