Emergency Notification Subscriber Service
About NotificationsThe City of Taylor contracts with Blackboard Connect for emergency notification services. This service allows City officials to contact citizens by phone, email, or fax when public safety issues warrant notification within minutes. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone.
ExamplesExamples include severe weather warnings, hazardous road conditions, water supply issues, or any other situation that could impact the safety or welfare of our citizens or businesses.
Weather AlertsOnce you sign up, you will automatically receive geographically targeted severe weather alerts directly from the National Weather Service/NOAA. Only those in the path of the approaching weather will be notified. Severe weather includes warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, flash floods, hurricanes or tropical storms, winter storms, and high winds.
RegisterBlackboard Connect takes security and privacy concerns seriously and does not sell, trade, lease or loan data to any third party. Visit our website to register your information and start receiving notifications today.
- What is the Blackboard Connect service?
- How does the service work?
- What types of messages will be sent using the service?
- Does the Blackboard Connect service replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
- Is my telephone number included in the notification database?
- May I use a cell phone as my notification database listing?
- What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?
- Will there be a way to positively identify incoming calls that are made by the town using the system?
- Will the Blackboard Connect service work if I have a call screening system on my phone?
- If I am a non-resident home or condominium owner, what phone should be listed in the notification database?
- If I have provided more than one phone number, when will they be called?
- My primary phone or my second listing is a cell phone with a non-local area code. Will the Blackboard Connect service call numbers outside the area?
- How does the Blackboard Connect system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
- I am receiving city notification calls at my fax or my secondary phone line. Can I switch to have the system call my primary phone number?
- I was not able to listen to the entire call. Is there a way to repeat the message?