- Mayor & Council
The City of Taylor has an elected City Council that is comprised of five Council Members, four of whom are elected from single member districts and one Member elected At-Large (see who represents you on the city District Map). Council members elect from their number a Mayor and a Mayor Pro Tem.
Taylor is a Home Rule City, which means that the Council can enact legislation, adopt budgets, and determine policies, subject only to limitations imposed by the State Constitution and the City Charter. The City Council is also guided by a Council Relations Policy to ensure their commitment to preserving the integrity of local government.
Visit the Election page for more information regarding the election process.
Historical list of City Commissioners/Council Members
Council meetings are held at 6 p.m. the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at City Hall, 400 Porter Street.
Visit our video page to watch live or view at a later date.
- Special meetings are called as needed and are posted on this website and at City Hall 72 hours prior to the meeting date and time.
- Sign up through our Notify Me service to automatically receive agendas at the time they are posted or visit our Meetings page for more information.
- Citizens who wish to address the City Council may do so by filling out a Request to Speak form 15 minutes in advance of the meeting at City Council Chambers.
Taylor is a vibrant, diverse, friendly, growing community that has retained our historic character and small-town feel. We are financially stable and are known for our ...
- Exceptional mobility/connectivity
- Diversity of housing and businesses
- Beautiful parks
- Engage citizens
- Facilities and programs for people in every stage of life
The City Council vision statement is part of the 2020 adopted Strategic Plan to guide City Staff in developing programs and strategies for the good of the community. To view the Strategic Plan, click here.
For requests for media interviews, please contact the City of Taylor Public Information Officer at 512-352-5448 or email: email@example.com