Updates from the City
For the most current information from Williamson County and Williamson County and Cities Health District (WCCHD), including current numbers of confirmed cases, please visit the WCCHD dashboard, which is updated daily at noon.
City of Taylor
There currently are no changes to essential City services including public safety and City of Taylor water and sewer services. All City buildings, including City Hall, Public Works, Utility Billing, and Maintenance, will be closed to the public until further notice. Residents will still be able to contact City Hall employees through telephone or email. To contact City Hall, call 512-352-3675.
**Dates are subject to change**
- Movies in the Park scheduled for June 12 is canceled.
- The Memorial Day Virtual Salute will be held on the City’s Facebook page here and broadcast here. For more information, visit the Memorial Day Virtual Salute page here.
- Blackland Prairie Days set for May 2 is canceled. We will look to see if it can be rescheduled on a later date in the year.
- The Community Clean Up event scheduled for April 25 is canceled.
- Kite Day scheduled for March 28 is canceled.
- The Bruce Lynn recognition ceremony scheduled for April 4 is canceled.
- Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for April 11 has been canceled.
- Coffee with a Cop scheduled for April 17 has been canceled.
- The Airport Office & Pilot’s Lounge will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Airport customers and tenants will still be able to contact Airport employees through telephone at 512-352-5747 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Airport Courtesy Vehicle will not be available for use until further notice.
- A public use restroom is available on the East end (facing the road) of the “C” hangars.
- Please expect delays in response times for any mechanical and fuel system issues or problems.
- The Animal Shelter will be open for reclaims and adoptions only; no owner surrenders will be accepted until further notice. The Animal Shelter can be reached by phone at 512-352-5483.
- The front desk at City Hall is closed until further notice. Phone calls can still be made to City Hall by calling 512-352-3675.
- Permits for Development Services can be submitted through MyPermitNow.org.
- To contact Development Services, call 512-352-3675.
- The Heritage Square Farmers Market will remain open at this time. Farmers markets are exempt from both the Texas Governor’s order as well as the Williamson County order so long as markets follow CDC guidelines.
- The Market will take the following precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and vendors:
- There will be no sampling of products
- Booths will be placed farther apart- Only food vendors will be set up
- Vendors will wear gloves
- Tables will not have table cloths and will be wiped down frequently
- Taylor Public Library is closed to the public until further notice.
- Beginning Wednesday, May 6, the Taylor Public Library will offer curbside pick up of library materials, Mondays-Fridays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. To qualify for this service, you must have a valid library card.
- To get started: Place your reserves online at https://taylor.biblionix.com/catalog or call the Taylor Public Library to pull materials: 512-352-3434. Have your library card number handy.
- How many: There will be a limit of 5 items per household. Some checkout limits still apply.
- Order handling: Library staff will pull your items & check them out to your library account. If items are not available, staff will contact you for more options.
- Scheduling: Staff will make an appointment for you to come & pick up your library materials. Describe the vehicle you will be in.
- Pickup: When you pull up in front of the library entrance at your appointment time, staff will bring the items out to you. Please stay in your car, pop your trunk, and staff will put your items in and close your trunk.
- Returning: Please use the outside book drop for return of all library materials. All returned materials will be cleaned and quarantined before re-shelving.
- The Moody Museum will be closed until further notice
- The Municipal Court lobby is closed to the public until further notice. Municipal Court can still be reached by phone at 512-352-5977 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All court dates scheduled for Municipal Court on March 19, 20, 26, and March 27 will be rescheduled for a future date and notice will be sent to each defendant.
- If you have a citation in which you have not yet appeared in court or contacted the court, please ensure that you review the options on your citation and or visit our website here.
- To pay online, visit our payment website here.
Parks and Recreation
- The Murphy Park Pool will remain closed at this time. Staff will reassess the situation in June and anticipate a tentative opening for July 1.
- All scheduled programs, activities, and rentals scheduled at Taylor Parks will be canceled through May 11. For questions, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 512-352-5818
- The City of Taylor Parks and Recreation Department will reopen tennis/pickleball courts for use starting Friday, May 1, with the following guidelines in accordance with the Governor’s orders:
- Individuals may engage in outdoor sports, provided that the sports do not include contact with other participants
- No more than four (4) participants per court may play at a time
- Continue to practice social distancing of 6 feet
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home
- We also encourage using these guidelines:
- If there are balls, water bottles, or any other items on the court that don’t belong to you please do not touch or pick the items up
- Please wash your hands before and after play
- Please mark your water bottles or use a water bottle that’s easily identified as yours
- What remains closed at this time:
- Skate Park
- Volleyball/basketball court areas
- Restrooms in City parks
- What is open:
- Tennis/pickleball courts
- Hike and bike trails
- Park open spaces
- Running track
- Utility payments can be paid by mail, online, in the dropbox at City Hall, the drive-through, or by phone. Utility billing will waive all fees for credit card payments done online here or by phone by calling 888-630-1666.
- Disconnections will be waived through July 6.
- Forms for Utility Billing are available in the lobby of City Hall between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and can be submitted in the dropbox located at City Hall.
- Beginning Monday, May 18, Waste Connections will resume bulk pickup.
- Waste Connections will continue to run under Phase III (cart only) operations until May 29. For more information, click here.
- Residential collection services are reduced to “cart only” in order to reduce chance of contact of our personnel with solid waste via manual pickup. Contents outside of container will not be collected to reduce risk of exposure of operational personnel. This includes suspension of collection Residential Bulk & Brush.
- We begin operational triage to prioritize coverage of services most essential to the health and safety of our community partners. Lower priority services are more susceptible to delays or temporary suspension. Prioritization (from low to high) of collections services are deemed as follows:
- Industrial/Construction Recycle (Lowest Priority)
- Industrial/Construction Trash
- Commercial (Non-Residential) Recycle
- Commercial (Non-Residential) Trash
- Residential Bulk & Brush
- Residential Recycle
- Residential Trash (Highest Priority)
- For more information, click here.
Board and commission meetings
In many cases, in-person stakeholder meetings that are not time-sensitive will be canceled. Additionally, many boards and commissions meetings this week will be rescheduled or canceled. To check the status of a board or commission meeting, check the City’s calendar here.
We encourage residents to continue to keep calm and take precautionary measures, such as washing your hands, staying at home if you are sick, and listening to the CDC and local health authorities. Also, be sure to sign up for our News Alerts on the City website, taylortx.gov, so you can be informed about any new developments.
We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation and will notify the public of any changes.
- PR 0522 Changes to Alcohol Ordinance
- PR 2020 0505 Library Offers Curbside Services
- The Governor's Report to Open Texas
- Waste Connections Continuity of Operations (COVID-19) - Phase III Extens...
- PR 2020 0407 Easter Park Closures
- Covid19 City of Taylor FAQ Sheet
- PR 2020 0324 ICE ERO Statement on T Don Hutto
- PR 2020 0324 Park Closures FINAL
- R20-12 Extending Declaration of Disaster
- R20-13 Postponing election till Nov
- PR 2020 0324 Council Approves Disaster Declaration Extension
- Waste Connections Continuity of Operations (COVID-19) - Phase III Revisi...
- PR 2020 0319 Cancellations and Closures
- Waste Connections Continuity of Operations (COVID-19) Phase IV
- 3.18.20 Williamson County Second Order on Mass Gathering and Occupancy - Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Adopted March 18, 2020)
- Waste Connections - Continuity of Operations in Face of COVID-19
- Utility Bill Pay During Period of Restricted Access to City Hall
- PR 2020 0316 City Service Adjustments
- 2020 0316 Williamson County Mass Gathering Order
- 2020 0314 Williamson County Disaster Declaration
- 2020 0316 City of Taylor Disaster Declaration
- 2020 0316 COVID-19 Disaster Declaration